Friday, March 24, 2006

Trust I Seek And I Find In You

I had a funny conversation with a girl at work today about relationships and trust.

Basically last night she got home from work and was talking to her boyfriend about something that happened during the day. She accidentally called him by my name instead of his. It's an honest mistake, I mean, we see each other for eight hours a day and the event she was talking about involved something I did. He got jealous and they had a bit of an argument (nothing major but still an argument).

I voiced that it was kind of silly to get into a fight over that and she agreed. So I asked her how she would feel if the roles were reversed; if he had called her by another woman's name.

She immediately admitted she would have been upset as well. I said, "Don't you trust him?" and she went on answering, "Of course I trust him, it's the women around him I don't trust."

This made me laugh; it's obvious that women don't trust men. After all, if your partner was to cheat, it would very much be his or her fault, not the other person involved. The "other" has no loyalty to you at all.

Alright, so we know women don't trust men. Why? Jealousy I'm sure. I understand jealousy; it happens to anyone, whether you have the healthiest relationship in the world. But jealousy and mistrust is something much more personal and has more to do with self confidence and one's self than trusting the other person. It's the fear that someone will replace you and you'll find yourself alone... But yet we take it out on the other person.


The real question isn't do you trust your partner but rather do you feel confident enough in yourself to see that you're the one they want to be with?

1 comment:

Miss Cellania said...

"its the women around him I don't trust" Hmm, that says that she does not have confidence that her man could resist. Why do women assume that men are weak? Maybe because SOME men cultivate that attitude, so they have an excuse for giving in to temptation. We are all responsible for our own actions.